If you’re looking for a way to spruce up your backyard and make it look more like a park, consider purchasing a gazebo with a cover. These covers can be purchased in a variety of colors and designs and protect you from the elements of your Gazebo. You can also find covers that feature integrated lighting or cooling capabilities, making them perfect for use in the summertime.
Wash Gazebo Covers are a great way to protect your Gazebo from the elements and keep it looking new. Choosing a wash gazebo cover involves a few considerations. The material should be water-resistant to stand up to the elements. And the cover should fit snugly, so there’s minimal wind and water penetration.
Can You Wash Gazebo Covers In Washing Machines?
Washing machines are great for removing dirt and stains, but they can also damage fabrics if used on PVC covers. PVC is a plastic treated with a chemical that makes it water-repellent. When the washing machine agitates the cover, the coating can be removed, and the fabric will become less water repellent. This means that rain or snow will start to seep through the fabric and cause damage to the structure of the Gazebo.
Other options are available if you want to keep your Gazebo covered but want to avoid ruining it by washing it in a machine. You could use a dryer on low heat or place the cover inside a bag before washing it.
How to Clean Gazebo Covers?
Covering a large structure like a gazebo can be a daunting task. After all, it’s easy to forget the little things like keeping the cover clean. However, by following these simple steps, you’ll be able to keep your Gazebo looking new for many years to come.
Step 1 – Prepare Your Cover for Cleaning
Cover cleaning for gazebos is an important part of maintaining their appearance. The most effective way to clean gazebo covers depends on the type of cover and the fabric’s condition. Here are some tips to get started:
- Before proceeding, remove any dirt, leaves, or other debris with a garden hose. Synthetic covers should be cleaned with mild soap and water.
- If the cover is made from natural fabric, scrub it with a stiff brush before washing it in hot water and detergent. Be careful not to damage delicate fabrics.
Step 2 – Scrub The Cover
Covering a gazebo is essential to keeping it looking new and beautiful. However, it can be challenging to keep the cover clean. Here are some tips on how to scrub the cover:
- Make a mixture of white vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Spritz the cover liberally with the solution and then scrub with a sponge. Work in small circles to loosen any dirt or debris.
- If dried paint or glue is on the cover, use a paint scraper to remove it. Be careful not to tear the fabric while scraping; use firm pressure and move only in a forward and backward direction.
Step 3 – Rinse And Air-Dry The Cover
Covering your Gazebo is one of the most important steps in keeping it looking great. Follow these simple steps to clean it quickly and easily:
- Rinse the cover with cool water to remove any dust or debris.
- Air-dry the cover for best results.
- Try using a mild soap and water mixture if any stains or spots don’t come out with a rinse. Be gentle on the cover surface, as soap can damage the fabric.
- If the cover still looks dirty, repeat step 2.
FAQs: Washing Gazebo Covers
Most of the time, the answer would be no. However, there are a few exceptions where the covers could go in the machine if they are made of thin material and are not tooled. Always check the cover’s care instructions before hand washing it.